Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A question about two bands

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by charles21o7, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Ok, i just heard these two bands- Silvertide and Scissor Sisters , today.

The Sisters song Take your Mama out was pretty cool, so when i got home i downloaded a bunch of their songs, love em, great stuff. So what do yall think of em?They are like Bowie meets the cure or something like that. So what say you about them.

Silvertide: I heard their single "aint comin home" and i liked it, and first thought that they were the black crowes. Well I found out it was some band called silvertide and I went to download songs, but i couldnt get any to download. So Im going on yalls advice on whether or not to buy the album, so are they good?

2. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    The Scissor Sisters are one of the year's biggest success stories here in the UK, although they seem to be completely unknown back in their native USA.

Their album came out in early Spring and has rarely been out of the top 20 album chart. They have even managed to sell out a gig at London's Royal Albert Hall (which was released on DVD this Monday).

They're a decent pop group, although they have now flogged their album to death - they need some fresh material! I don't know about the Cure influence - a lot of their music sounds like '70s Elton John, although 'Lovers in the Backseat' does sound like Bowie in parts.

I did start a thread about the Scissor Sisters back in January I think. A search should throw it up.