Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A question about wah pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tard85, Jul 23, 2002.

1. tard85

tard85

May 5, 2002
    I am thinking about getting a BOSS PW-10 V-Wah Pedal, but I thought I'd get some info from other bassists to see what they prefer. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    There have been a number of threads on this topic so you may also want to do a search. The Boss wah seems to be more for guitar, so I don't know if that's a good direction to go in. The vast majority of bassists seem to prefer bass-specific wahs. As for me, I'm partial to the Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah. I generally don't like Dunlop stuff but I was pleasantly surprised by this pedal.

3. There is a bass mix feature that keeps the low end big & round. It works as a distortion pedal, switchable via a heel-switch, thus giving you 2 effects with complete switchability and independence. Or you can go the 3-memory patch route, but be careful to keep your wah and drive knobs fully counter-clockwise for best effect.
    Nice synth bass sounds available via the memory approach, but I have mine configured as distortion/wah.