1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A question about wah pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tard85, Jul 23, 2002.

1. tard85

tard85

May 5, 2002
    I am thinking about getting a BOSS PW-10 V-Wah Pedal, but I thought I'd get some info from other bassists to see what they prefer. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    There have been a number of threads on this topic so you may also want to do a search. The Boss wah seems to be more for guitar, so I don't know if that's a good direction to go in. The vast majority of bassists seem to prefer bass-specific wahs. As for me, I'm partial to the Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah. I generally don't like Dunlop stuff but I was pleasantly surprised by this pedal.

3. There is a bass mix feature that keeps the low end big & round. It works as a distortion pedal, switchable via a heel-switch, thus giving you 2 effects with complete switchability and independence. Or you can go the 3-memory patch route, but be careful to keep your wah and drive knobs fully counter-clockwise for best effect.
    Nice synth bass sounds available via the memory approach, but I have mine configured as distortion/wah.