1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A question for homeowners.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RexNFX79, May 6, 2010.

1. Yearly inspections and treatment. In AZ for instance about half of the house have termites.

Can't prevent it.

2. The chemicals injected under the foundation last a very long tine. Chemical treatments where air and sunlight reach them don't last long. If there's any way to find out whether they injected stuff under the house, that would be a long-lasting treatment.

May I also suggest that you do some web-surfing to find information specific to your state and climate?

3. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE

I'm in Middle Tennessee which is apparently a fairly saturated termite area. There is probably no way for me to find out the treatment that was used. I have a guy coming next week to inspect, I just really don't want to pay for something that is a ripoff or unneccesary and it's hard to believe that the guy selling you the stuff is going to give you his unbiased opinion.

4. MX21

MX21

Sep 28, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    We had a termite treatment and monthly inspection contract until we found out that the inspector would wait until we were gone, then show up and just sleep in his truck, then report that he had done the inspection. :rolleyes: No more inspector or contract. I probably should get something going again though. I know they are around (the termites).

5. I didn't read the other posts... I don't have to.

I live in GA. There are 2 kinds of houses here... those that have termites and those that are gonna get them.

Buy a termite warranty and service. It is expensive up front, but then cheap (relatively) from then on. TOTALLY worth the price of admission if you live in the south.

I have the Sentricon system and it is a "premium" product. But now I pay once a year and can worry about other things. Everything termite related is covered. Plus... it increases you home sale attractiveness later if it is transferrible, so look for that.

Ox.