Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A question for mods or admin..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Slip'nn2Darknes, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Hey ! been awhile since I was here so good to be back!
    my question is this..
    Just how would I go about posting a Wav. file here for others to listen too? I'm not sure if this is possible but I have heard other people have a link that allows for hearing the basswork. Mine are recording in wav. only.. Any help with this?? Thanks!

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    You could upload them on myspace.com or a similar website, or you can upload them on your personal webspace, your choice. After you've done that, you only have to link to Tb by simply copypasting the link or using the URL tags.

3. Thanks for the reply Vorago.. i'll check webspace out first to see if it's a simple process.

If anybody else has any other way's to Link a wav. file please respond as well.

4. Don't post it as a .wav, since those are huge!. You'll be able to make the file so much smaller if you encode it as an mp3. You can use a program like LameDrop (look down the page a little) to do so. Just unzip the .zip file, run lamedropXPd.exe, and drop your .wav into the window that will appear.

5. Great! thanks lemur821.. I just downloaded it so I'll give a try.. Thanks for the link. useful site..

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I use EAC and LAME to make mp3s. Great quality and free

here is a quick start guide.
    http://users.pandora.be/satcp/eac-qs-en.htm

once in mp3 format, you just need to host them somewhere. or attach to your post if small enough

7. You guy's have been great! Thanks a bunch.. Now I got some reading and tweeking to do..