1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

a question for squier VM owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Mar 12, 2008.

1. hey folks!
    i wanted to know WHERE was your squier VM bass crafted? it should tell you if you look at the back of the headstock right above the s/n hopefully

i am inquiring because if they do "craft" these basses in the squier China factory then i can get one at a reasonable price...am looking to buy the fretless baby:bassist:

or otherwise anyone got a clue wether these are produced in China or not?

2. ........Indonesia.

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Indonesia, by Cort, for Squier. Same as the Delux Active's.

4. ummmmmmm so they dont build delux and VM series in china?

5. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Sorry dude, fraid not.

6. seems like :( anyway am still hoping some one finds crafted in china on the back of his headstock!

7. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Sorry, it's Indonesia FTW.

8. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    My VM Fretless says Crafted in Indonesia...I think thats in New Jersey but Im not sure what exit =)

9. Laredo

Laredo

Nov 27, 2005
    Upstate, NY

Now that's freak'in funny.................Although, each NJ exit could probably bring you to another country :smug:!

10. a 2006 model crafted in Indonesia

11. Indonesia too.

12. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    Indonesia has made a great job on mine. Got to tighten the controlls a bit tho.

13. Indonesia.

Wish they'd use better screws in them though, managed to almost strip two of them taking the tuners off. Ugh.

14. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Why? Who cares which south eastern Asia country it's made in? They're all made in Indonesia. What's so special about Chinese manufacturing?

15. Indonesia x 2. I own both Jazz Bass models.

16. It is probably a import/ tariff issue. The poster is from India and I imagine things are a bit different there.

17. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Ahhh... maybe like goods made in Cuba for residents of the US.

18. yes its about the pricing ....... nothing special about Chinese bass manufacturing

19. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Dude, how about Japan? Would you be able to get stuff sent from there cheaply?
    Japaneze brands are supposd to be fantastc.

20. i didnt really get that first part? please let me know how can i get stuff sent cheaply from japan i would be mega glad if theres a way because yes japs kickass! :bassist: