A question for the aussies...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by UnsungZeros, May 22, 2005.

1. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

I really have to know...

Is it true that in Australia, because you are south of the equator, that water spins in the opposite direction when you flush the toilet?

I just flushed my toilet and the water spun counter-clockwise.
  2. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

That's what I thought, but I just needed confirmation. Thanks.
  3. The Simpsons episode covering this is one of my all-time favorites.
  4. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    We have different toilets so the water doesn't "spin" when we flush anyway. :)
  5. Well this is a disappointment. When I was a kid, I was actually taught in my science books about the water spinning the other way.

6. No Offence to you personally... But seriously some American people must be dumb- I had an American lady ask me if it had stopped snowing in Australia yet? It was Feb at the time, which generally we see tempretures mid 30 to High 40's celcius and get server bushfires... She then proceded to tell me that she was doing something with Geography at University... Like ***!

In Australia we are taught in primary school the difference between North and Southern parts of the world... And this university student was sure on telling me that it was snowing in Australa, because it was in the USA :rolleyes:
  7. simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    Lots of Americans think that New Zealand is either:

a) Zeeland, in Holland
    b) Part of Australia

Ironically, Lord of the Rings has saved us in a way. Thank you Peter Jackson.

Aussie and NZ toilets are different. The water pours in and forces everything out. US toilets from what I can remember everything is sucked/swirled out and then a whole lot of water is poured in. AMAZING fact of the day #345,247

Also, we don't have butterfinger bars, and because I have had the taste of it in the USA, I now want more. But I can't, and I die a little every day because of it.
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    So was I.... in the USA. I actually had Geography as a course @ about 10 years old. Stupidity is a common trait of humans from all over the world... though I do think a large percentage are here in the states :meh:
  9. 1 +

Stupid people are everywhere :rolleyes:

'' Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'' George Carlin

10. Gotta love George Carlin... and yes, stupid people are everywhere!
  11. nah, really we dont have toilets, we just go behind a tree, dig a hole and squat over that

well, thats what i do when im camping anyway :bag: