Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Question for you Southern Hemisphere TB'ers...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Scott D, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Well, Since it's winter in the Northern Hemisphere, and summer in the southern, Are you guys off school? I was thinking about it yesterday, i'm just curious.

2. Im in Aus..and i finished school start of December and the school starts again at the end of january. Im in year12 next year

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Umm no - I have a full time job :)

But, our school holidays generally run from the start of december until the end of january for primary and high school kids.

Universities have from the start of november until the end of february on holidays. ALthough exams are often scheduled in November.

I believe that is the equivalent of your "summer" holidays. The "new" school year begins at the end of our summer holidays (ie you move from one grade to the next).

Hope that helps - I am at work at the moment!

4. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    I'm also in Oz, but I'm at Uni. Holidays started for me on November 12, 2003, and I don't go back until February 16, 2004, or something.
    Man is life ever sweet

5. I have a full time job as an installer/ electronics tech for a music/PA gear store.

Its summer and lovely.

:D:D

Merls

6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    damn man, i've never even thought of that. what are you people up to :p?