Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A question to cat owners.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ugly Cassanova, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Hey, do any of you have allergies to the cats you own? Do you take any drugs or have any good ideas that makes it easier to live with your cat?

I've been a cat lover for my whole life, but there wouldn't be a chance that I could have one because i'd have a hard time breathing and few other things if I did have a cat.

Thanks in advanced.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i have very severe cat allergies, but i'm not allergic to the cats i own. the reason is that i build up an imunity to them since i had them from kitten-hood.

case in point - my wife and i just found kittie #5, who's only about 8 weeks old. i'm not allergic to her, but if she were older i would be. by the time she gets older, i will have built up an immunity to her particular dander, so she won't bug me. my cats sleep in the bed with me, right up by my face, and i never have a problem.

3. Check out siberian cats, a lot of ppl with allergies seem to tolerate them, something about their saliva missing some component...

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I was fien with the 3 cats my wife and I owned (I miss them as we split up 15 months ago....)

Now back at my folks, is our almost 19 year old cat! I'm fine with him too!

But at my g/f flat, she has inherited a 16 year old cat - which I sometimes have trouble with. But seeing as I suffer from hay-fever and am also asthmatic, I always have some anit-histamines and inhalers around so there's no real problems!

5. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I tend to sneeze in the morning, but I can't
    blame the cat's,cause we have oak tree's in the
    yard, and something is always oozing,falling,or
    dropping off them,so that could be the cause.
    Could you be allergic to her?
    [​IMG]

6. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    Wow, thats cat is extremely cute....I would squeeze it untill its eyes pop out! :eek:
    Just kidding. My friend who used to live with us was allergic to my cat when it was a kitten. but like john turner said, "he built up an imunity to them...".