a quick favor to ask

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by olps, Nov 24, 2002.

1. olps

Nov 12, 2001
    Could at least four people kindly fill out the following form/survey? Thanks alot! It will really help.

your definition of what the word "career" means:
  2. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    Stephen Slocum
    A career is a job with room for you to move up on the corporate ladder, a dead end job is not a career in my opinion.
  3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Nicholas Gann

Something I can do for a living for the rest of my life with no regrets or complaints.
  4. olps

Nov 12, 2001
    This is great you guys. Thanks alot. Keep em coming!
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Nicholas Espinosa
    A job where Im comfortable both with the income and the actual work factor. If I hate my job, screw it.

6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Looks like you need one more so here it goes:

Hampton Maher

A career is a job that has the potential to progress.
  7. Name

John Gordon

Quality Assurance Manager

A string of jobs in chronological order, possibly related, possibly not that provide a degree of financial security, satisfaction and frustration all at the same time.;)
  8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Bobby Clayton

A career is where you are satisfied doing whatever it is you do. Make the money you want to. And like the people you work with

9. name:
    Teal (no last name lol)
    assistant teachers counselor
    working with troubled teens in a group home. definition:
    well, liking what you do and sticking with it. i love my job, hate the politics, hate how the therapist is with the kids, however, i make a difference in their lives so i stay with them. i am mama to them and i hold much love for the kids and what i do for them and with them. so it is what you enjoy doing and being able to do it.:D

10. you wouldn't happen to be related to Cher then, would you? :p
  11. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Name: Mr Ed or else rich or George ..not cheese

Occupation: Musician, studio whore, student, getting a job so i can buy a car

Career: a career.... is something that you do... when you get older and your butt hair turns grey!
  12. Name: Eric Cameron

Occupation: String whore. No, not really. Salesperson in the Accessories Department for Guitar Center.

What a carreer is: Some that you will stick with, something that you will do for the majority of your working life. Maybe not something that you like, but somthing that you are at least reasonably good at.

My carreer goal is to teach history at my old high school.

Rock on
  13. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Name: James Martin
    A Career Is: An occupation that transcends the concept of a job. Within a career there may be a progression of many different jobs. When done correctly, a career puts you in a place where people come to you as a recognized expert in your field.