Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A quick question.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PaulSimonon, May 18, 2005.

1. I'm wondering if there's a pedal somewhere on the market that has a decent preamp, a compressor, and a balanced XLR out for DI duty... My search has led me to a lot of things, but none of them had all of these features. My goal is to have a pedal that can serve for all of my current needs stashed conveniently in one enclosure, so I can get my acoustic gigs, my ampless gigs, and shape/compress my tone in a single enclosure.

I hope I'm not missing something obvious here....

2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I don't know off the top of my head of any pedals that have pre-amp AND compressor, except perhaps maybe the PODXT Live, or one of the BOSS multi-effects.

I'm planning on putting together an accoustic rig using the PreSonus 1/3 space units. They have a Tube Preamp (TubePRE), compressor (COMP16), and a Parametric EQEQ3B). The PreAMP and Compressor can be used as a DI as well.

They also have a 6-space, 1/3-width rack, or you could get a 2-space rack, universal rack tray, and a power conditioner.

3. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Fishman Pro Platinum EQ. Preamp/DI box, 5 band graphic EQ, Bass shelving knob, phase inverter for acoustic, and photo optic compressor. Think this is Fishman's first foray into products for slab and upright (mostly upright stuff for bass) but I've liked mine quite a bit.

Runs $170 at www.gollihur.com which is where I got mine, but not sure about other places prices.