Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A quick way to find replies to my posts...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Bassist4Life, May 29, 2005.

1. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    It would be nice if there was an easy way to see if there were replies to my posts. Maybe there is a way right now, but I haven't found it.

Currently, I have to:
    1. Enter a forum where I have made a post
    2. Find a thread where I have a post
    3. Click on my name
    4. Click on "find all posts by..."

Then I can see all of my posts and which ones have responses and which ones do not.

Is there an easier way?
    Joe

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas

Whenever you post, select "Instant email notifcation" in the "Thread Subscription" box. You'll get an email whenever someone replies to your post, with a link to the post.

Paul

3. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Okay. I wasn't aware of that option. Thanks. However, I don't always log on from my home computer.

This is for the suggestion box: It might be nice to have a button to click on in the "Home" area where our "Welcome, Name" screen is located. We could click there and get the "Find all posts by..." list. Each of the posts has a helpful little icon that tells us if there was a response or not.

Thanks for TB. It's a wonderful gathering place for bassists.

Joe

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Do a search! ;)

5. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Once you know your userid, you can create a bookmark that shows all of your most recent posts and highlights those threads that have had a reply since you last logged in.

My URL is:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&userid=22625

To find your userid, look at your profile and read the URL in the address bar all the way to the end.

Wulf

6. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Click on "My TalkBass". There you can list all the threads you have posted in.

In "Edit Options" you can set e-mail notification as default.