A radiohead question for the masses

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Guss, Jan 23, 2005.

1. I really want to here the song Paranoid Android. Its been awhile since I've heard it. What album is it on and is the rest of that album worth getting?
  2. It is on OK Computer.

Worth every cent.

3. True. I still think that "Climbing Up The Walls" is quite possibly the best song on there.
  4. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    It's probably the most thoughtful and creative indie guitar album of the last ten years. Climbing up walls, Airbag, Paranoid Android Lucky and Exit music for a film are all oustanding.
  5. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Don't forget Karma Police. That song is really cool too.
  6. The album is a front to back masterpiece. For me, the jury is out on whether "Electioneering" fits, but it's not a bad song, just seems a bit out of place being so utterly snotty and brash...

Damn good record.
  7. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Electioneering and Karma Police would both be better off on different recordings.
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    "A Question for the Masses" sounds like it could be the name of a Radiohead song.

brad cook
  9. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok Computer may be a masterpiece but IMO Kid A beats it.
  10. Masterpiece is the word.

Not quite "The Bends" which is sublime, but easily their second best.

"Hail To The Thief" is highly under rated IMO, and Kid A is a great slice too.

We do Paranoid Android, High And Dry and Karma Police in my band - (we're not a Radiohead cover band) and they always work. Paranoid is tough to get right though, and you simply HAVE to get it spot on.
  11. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

Feb 8, 2003
    not really a fantastic album if you're looking for slapping, tapping, double-thumbing and all the other things that TB'ers usually get excited about :)

but by any other reasonable yardstick, 'OK Computer' is one of the greatest alternative rock albums of all time - like the guy said, worth every cent.. and like the other guy said, a masterpiece

it's a modern day 'Dark Side Of The Moon' with an extra helping of existential angst :)

i'm not that much of a Radiohead fan, but OK Computer really is all that
  12. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I have the album and it gets play at least once every other week. It is a well recorded album IMO. I think the drums could have been better but the guitars are killer.
  13. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Different strokes for different folks, eh?

Ok Computer is by far my favorite. It's like aural heroine. Kid-A has only 3 or 4 tracks I like, the rest is too technotronifantastic for me.
  14. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    For me, i'd have to put "The Bends" at the top... followed closely by OK Computer. Kid A is pretty sweet too. Never could get in to 'Hail to the Theif', but maybe it's due for another close listen.
  15. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i'm a huge radiohead fan!

OK Computer is a wonderul album all around!

16. Amnesiac is my favorite.......dunno why.