Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A REALLY COOL AND REALLY USELESS EFFECT!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cool dude todd, Feb 7, 2002.

1. ONE DAY I WAS WATCHING TV WITH MY BASS WITH (JUST AS ALWAYS LOL) AND MY REMOTE MADE A WEIRD NOISE ON MY AMP SO I GOT A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT REMOTES AND THEY ALL MAKE DIF NOISES:D :D :D :D :D

2. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Hmmm I think you should get out of the house more often....:D :D :D

3. ColdYinTiger

ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I wanna try that, going to have to figure out how to do that myself and bring a tv and remote on stage and just start pushing buttons:D

4. u gotta hold it over the pickups

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Dude, you just put Lightwave out of business.

6. pagers make funny noises into pickups also.

i like using a "personal massager" on the strings myself though.

7. That's actually kind of cool.. the remotes I have don't make audible noise unless I have a massive amount of gain though.

8. CJY

CJY

Apr 30, 2001
    Singapore
    Hi,
    Maybe you can figure out how to play 'Amazing grace' using the remotes:D

9. Try holding a quartz wrist watch (not them digital ones, you need one with hands) close to your pickup, you'll hear a 1 second blip delay effect!

10. if u get an electric drill and hold it near a guitar it comes through the pups. it effects the magnets or something. i dunno if it works on bass

11. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    talk about coincidence....just came back from a machinehead concert and the guitarist used a drill on the pickups

12. danqi

danqi

May 21, 2001
    Germany
    He does that all the time.
    I have been to a MH concert a couple of weeks ago. The singer was funny: He reminded the audience of what city they live in and which day of the week (Friday night) it was after every song.
    When they played # of the beast he was so drunk that he totaly messed up the solo. Well, he probably would have anyway.

By the way, I can get really scary noises when I move my bass close to my computer screen.

13. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    If you have a crummy wireless system and you live in just the right part of town, you can turn your rig into a very expensive AM radio.

14. Simply yell into the pickups. Great!