Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A reccomendation is in order

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by punkfunkfreak, Jul 25, 2002.

1. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    [​IMG]
    The toby pro 5 bass.

This is the most amazingly priced peice of equipment i have ever bought. And i must say i could compare it to basses that cost twice this one does.
    I payed 380 pounds (my yamaha rbx270 cost me 200 :eek: ) for this bass including 2 day express shipment from america (i live in london).
    Neck thru, beautiful flame maple and wenge construction, useful active electronics (allbeit cheap, but still great). Just a beautiful bass. Sounds so incredibly punchy. But very even throughout.
    Kills any other bass at the price range as far as quality of build and finnish goes.

Now i know these are the korean made peices, and they probably would never stand up to the original tobias designs before the gibson takeover.
    But, this price doesnt justify snobbery, the bass is stilla great buy.

If anyone intends to pay for a cheap bass, and get something much much more, take the plunge, and buy this one. I guarantee you wont be dissapointed and your wallet will still be smiling :D

The only thing that could put you off is that you have to order from http://musicyo.com as they are the only licenced distributors. But if you have a card, then the transaction is pain free and fast. (well it was for me, dont track me down if a hacker steals all your money...lol)

just so you know :rolleyes: lol

*dissapears into a tone warp*

regards...