1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A recommendation

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by kontri, May 4, 2004.

1. kontri

kontri Guest

Oct 5, 2002
    Denmark
    Dear reader

I bought a great bow (french frog) this year (2004) in march. I'm so happy that I just feel like I have to tell you about it.

I had tried many bows and many of those had been bows by makers of great renown, old masters.

Still nothing pleased me so when I came across a contemporary maker on the web (and I had also heard of some great violin and viola bows coming from him) I contacted him.

The final result was me visiting him in France close to the famous mountain Mont Blanc. He made the bow while I was there and could see the prosess and tell him what I was looking for in a bow.

After this visit I have got the best bow that I've ever tried. The balance and weight is perfect for me, it has a very powerfull sound projection and at the same time a very smooth and nice sound.

The maker is Jaques Poullot

If you're looking for a good bow and great service, he is definitely the man for you. He is a busy man but it's worth waiting.