Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A recommendation

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by kontri, May 4, 2004.

1. kontri

kontri Guest

Oct 5, 2002
    Denmark
    Dear reader

I bought a great bow (french frog) this year (2004) in march. I'm so happy that I just feel like I have to tell you about it.

I had tried many bows and many of those had been bows by makers of great renown, old masters.

Still nothing pleased me so when I came across a contemporary maker on the web (and I had also heard of some great violin and viola bows coming from him) I contacted him.

The final result was me visiting him in France close to the famous mountain Mont Blanc. He made the bow while I was there and could see the prosess and tell him what I was looking for in a bow.

After this visit I have got the best bow that I've ever tried. The balance and weight is perfect for me, it has a very powerfull sound projection and at the same time a very smooth and nice sound.

The maker is Jaques Poullot

If you're looking for a good bow and great service, he is definitely the man for you. He is a busy man but it's worth waiting.