1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A recording bag???

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by kanonfodr, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Hiya fellas, me again! :)

Got a question, for those of you guys who might do mobile recording or sound guy stuff, can anyone recommend me a good bag that will hold everything (cables, adapters, lifesavers, etc) in a somewhat organized manner?

I've got my interface in a rack bag, so it's good, but I'm traveling with a lot of XLR and instrument cables, and I've got a medium-sized tackle box of adapters and other little knick-knacks but would like something about the size of a gym bag that would have a lot of pockets to keep things in one place and pretty organized.

I've already checked out plenty of sports stores, Walmarts and stuff...nobody has something that I like :(

Peace,
    Greg

2. throughthefire

throughthefire

Oct 1, 2010
    Utah
    Visit a camera shop. They have bags that do just that. Mine is a Billingham 335 - 12 years old, and looks brand new.. and if you don't have enough dividers, you can always buy more.

3. ive got a backpack and a laptop bag. the backpack holds a couple mics, headphones, and my laptop. the laptop bag holds all of my cables, as well as the rest of the mics, adapters, clips, mounts, etc. works wonders for me.

4. the Arsonaut

the Arsonaut

Aug 27, 2012
    Camera bags, for sure.

But put it inside of something else. You don't need some geek ganking your cables
    thinking it's payday at the methadone clinic.

5. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Another vote for camera bags. There is a staggering amount of them to sift through though.

Also, take a look at Mono Case EFX bags. They have a few cool options too...