1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Reggae tribute to Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Blazer, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars

My third reggae tribute to the late king of pop.

I admit, that I'm a lousy keyboard player and that my version of that classic Rhodes riff is lousy compared to the original. Nevertheless I had a lot of fun doing this, trying to marry this soulful classic to that hard edged Two-tone ska kind of sound of using sparce basslines, very little guitar and hard hitting drums, I also used echo vocals in the style of Neville Staple of The Specials. The echo vocals also pan from left to right.

The instruments used were my Roland KR-500 synth, my Yamaha PSR 310 Keyboard, my trusty five string Jan Knooren custom bass and my Danelectro 59 guitar, all of it was recorded using my Line6 UX2 and Ableton Live 7 software.

I hope you people like my version.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020