A request to anyone in the SIlver Spring / B-Ville area of Maryland

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    So, its my senior year. I tried out for the senior talent show, and the acceptance list was posted today. I made it :D Check this thread for more basic info. I am doing this show solo, with a drummer behind me.

My question, nay, a request. I need to fill up the auditorium with sound, and at my current smplification setup (100 watt combo), I can't quite do that. I am requesting if anyone in the area would be willing to lend, or rent, an amp to me. I am looking for something around 400+ watts so I can fill up the room. I bought speaker cabinets a while ago(Ernie Ball/Music Man HD210 and HD212), but haven't saved enough money for an amp, so all I need is the amp itself. If anyone has an amp they would be willing to part with for a few days (two dress rehersals and the performance), I would be eternally grateful. I might even be able to get you into the show if you felt so inclined ;)

If anyone is willing to help, send me a PM or just plop it right in here, and we can work something out.

Thanks a lot :)

Nick

2. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Please help :help:

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    A music store should let you rent a head, yo fizzle.

4. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    The one close to me has nothing any good in stock, and the one a little farther charges outrageous amounts to rent. Thanks for the suggestion though Mike :)

5. finn74

finn74

Nov 28, 2001
    Check out Atomic Music in College Park MD. They will rent any type of gear you'll need. (301) 474-5752

6. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Hey Nick did you get an amp secured yet? If not, I think I can help. Send me a PM and let me know.

7. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

Thanks for the suggestion, Atomic is actually where I bought most of my current gear. Usually, their suggestion isn't the greatest thought :-\

Ed, PM has been sent!

Thanks a lot guys :)