1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

a request to Squier

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nobody, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Nobody

Nobody Banned

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    Do any of you think that a Classic Vibe Musicmaster bass is a good idea? Something to bridge the price gap between the Bronco and the Mustang. They used to have a Vista series (or something like that) Musicmaster that I heard were quality but they are hard to come by. Good idea or not?

OOD likes this.
  2. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    Eh... why? Given the bronco is pretty low-end, but the Mustang's not exactly expensive. For a bass with a pretty limited appeal (one pickup, short-scale) I can't imagine it being worth Fender's time.

3. Nobody

Nobody Banned

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    $840(mustang price) is expensive for me but the price of a clasic Vibe is about right. The Bronco seems a little too low quality though. If I'm the only one that thinks this then you are probably correct that the market isn't there for such a product. Thanks for the "Eh... why?" attitude. People on here are so open minded and accepting. I love it.

OOD likes this.
  4. Personally, I'd love it! I have a Bronco and I love shorties, and this seems like a great idea... if they do it they should finish it in nitro paisly!
    OH YEAH!
    Peace
    :bassist:

5. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    The Bronco and the Musicmaster are the same bass. Fender just changed the name in '79 for some crazy reason. The only things a Mustang has that are different than a Musicmaster/Bronco are hum-cancelling pickups, a better bridge, and 2 piece pickguard/control plate. I can't imagine Fender seeing a need to make an inbetween model.

6. markdavid

markdavid

Jun 29, 2007
    I think that would be awesome but I cant see Fender doing it , i'd buy one though

7. I don't think we'll ever see one, but personally, I'd be very tempted to buy a Vintage Vibe Mustang if there was such a thing (and if it was as good as the other Vintage Vibe-instruments). A Musicmaster could have been interesting too, but that seems even more unlikely, as that's essentially what a Bronco is.

8. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    There was a model that sort of fit between the Musicmaster and Mustang; the Bullet bass. Most og the Bullets I've see were long scale, but I know they made a short scale version. Same pickups as a Mustang, single ply pickguard, standard 4 saddle bridge.