Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by rekesbass, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. I was looking to register a song with a.s.c.a.p. and was wondering if everyone in the band who co-wrote the song has to fill out their own forms??(theres only enough space for one persons info) I looked for "continuation sheets" but found none..I know everyone must fill out their own 1099 tax form but,I'm just generally confused on the whole prosses of doing this..if anyone with experience with a.s.c.a.p. forms could shed a little light on this I would really appreciate it....thanks
  2. Tim Cole

    Tim Cole

    Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I wish I could help, but honestly don't know. Isn't there an 800 number to call somewhere?
  3. ANBassist,thanks for your reply..(the only one)..yes I believe there is a number to call(don't think its a 800 #),been tryin to avoid that route if possible...been searching their FAQ and so far come up with nothin..I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and make that call and spend countless hours on the phone..thanks for responding to my post.....peace
  4. ConU


    Mar 5, 2003
    La Belle Province
    I'm registered with SOCAN in Canada,the equivalent of ascap.I would assume that they work similarily.Before you can register a song you have to become a member,separately.That means all the composers of the tune have to do separate paperwork.
    It's split 50/50 for the lyrics and music.so if you had 2 people composing the music and 1 composing the lyrics the split would be 25%/25%/50%....etc.
    You also have to prove to them that your song is available publicly for sale and performance.You can't just register and be a member if you're not selling,close to selling,getting airplay,playing live frequently etc.
    Good luck!!