Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A sad day for the Stupid one

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Matt Till, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I had a gig with Skinny and The Platelickers last night and I was playing terrible. Due to Walmart, I haven't had much time for bass, so this gig comes up, bam I suck. I had no idea how to play "Whiskey Rock A Roller" by Skynyrd. And my fingers just weren't with it. And when I was playing good, I thought the soundguy had me at a really low volume which would have really pissed me off if I was good.

So the second set rolls around and I gradually turn my volume lower and lower as the songs go on, I'm practically off at the end. I learned I had a decent chunk in the mix. It was pretty noticeable... at least I thought, that I was getting quieter. When we did Soul man, and it was finished, the frontman looked at the lead guitarist and said, "I couldn't hear any bass in that one." :confused: So I guess I was pretty loud earlier, I just wasn't really cutting through. But my playing was so awful that I just didn't want to be heard. I was practically crying on stage. The second set sounded pretty empty (Yay, I guess I do serve a purpose :meh:) but people dug us and some said they might give us a call for gigs sometime. People were asking for numbers/cards/etc. So maybe the Platlickers should go White Stripes. :bawl:

2. Don't say that Matt. You haven't had time to practice because of your job and that's not your fault. I know when I don't practice I can't play some songs without messin up a few times. Just try and get some practice in before any more gigs and then you should play better :D ~ Tyler

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I know I know. It's just the worst I've ever played on stage. Damn Walmart. Also doing all covers (not all covers I like) is a bit of a drag too.

I need to get in an original band. One that doesn't sound like Matt and The Monkey Mafia (Or whatever the hell I'm called ;) )

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    [​IMG]

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

*hundred hand slaps Wrong Robot, followed by a quick "Yoga FLAME"*

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    P.S. BWWWAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAHH HA H A AAAAAAA HA AAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Ohhhhhh, heh... me ohhh, ha ha... ah. woo.

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    glad to see our(me and polly's) little animation has made you feel better ;)