1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

a sad sad story *and a bit of a rant*

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lestat1080, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Lestat1080

Lestat1080

Jul 4, 2006
    herein lies a story to make any bass player sad!

hey! im fairly new to TB but thought i would share this experience with you about a recent disaster that occured when i tried to get my perfect bass:(

twas the night before christmas, and all the through the house not a creture was stirring except for me sitting on ebay, watching my bass like a hawk! after about two years of amazing saving id finally racked up enough funds to purchase my dream bass, a pedulla rapture! now as im on a bass forum i wont even assume that needs an introduction.
    Now everything was good and the payment was sent, the bass was packaged and boxed and just needed one simple thign to be done, for it ot eb shipped to england.
    now as im sure you may or may not eb aware a Rapture in the U.K will ocst around £1500 pounds, which is THREE THOUSAND US DOLLARS! now just bear that in mind.

The bass cleared customs and made its way to the fedex depo in kent was scanned in and was to be deleivered the next day.

UNTIL

DUMDUMDUM

*cue fedex phone call*

"im terribly sorry sir we appear to have lost your package"

HOW DO YOU LOSE A PACKAGE THAT SIZE!

bearing in mind again it was scanned into the warehouse!!!

SO in short FEDEX LOST MY PEDULLA!!!!!
    am going through the claims process at the moment, but fellow TBers, DO NOT USE FEDEX FOR BASS SHIPPING, they dont seem to care when they have lost your shipment and are not willing to realy go out of there way to find it again.

Incidenttly if anyone seen a pedulla around in england please give me a shout:p

thats the end of my story though, now a thousand pounds down and i doubt ill be seeing that money ever again.

dont trust fedex! go UPS!!!

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Was the bass insured? I really hope so for your sake. It may actually turn up. Personally I despise Fedex. I once tried to ship a bass to the U.S. (from Canada) and they treated me like I was trying to send a shipment of plutonium. The bass did arrive at its' destination but the buyer said the box looked like it had gone through a good game of soccer as the ball. Now I use UPS, EMS Global or USPS all of which have given me great service.

3. Dam That totally suck ass! I would ship with USPS due to custom brokerage and stuff. @_@!! Hope Fedex find your bass or else they have to pay :mad:

4. oh man that makes me sad:crying:

being a brit too i feel the pain of crap stock in the uk hence import or custom.

really hope they get on the case and find it for you.

5. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    hopefully it was insured and you get your money back eventually.

I ALWAYS use UPS. Fedex tracking drive me NUTS!! It's worthless.

6. Lestat1080

Lestat1080

Jul 4, 2006
    yeah i hope they find it aswell! i cant realy see how a bass, in a hardcase, in 2 boxes can go missing, sounds a bit dodgy to me when it was scanned in then disapeared.
    were looking in to all the options avaliable but unfortunately getting a new pedulla will take about 3 months! so until then im stuck wihtout any basses! so thats gona be great fun!
    will keep this as a kind of blog! with updates as to what happened so other can see what they should do to avouid any pitfals in shipping!
    your loss is my gain i guess huh?
    damien
    x

7. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Yes, because the United States Postal Service delivers to England... ;)

8. Eyjo

Eyjo

Apr 29, 2006
    Reykjavík Iceland
    :crying: I really hope it turnes up. Was it insured?

I am always eally afraid that my basses get lost or damaged since I live in Iceland and sometimes my basses get shipped to 3 or 4 places in the US and then to Germany or the UK and finally to Iceland. The boxes often look like a trainwreck so I always insure.

9. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    they do don't they? as far as I'm aware?

edit: to OP, i hope you get it too :( best of luck!!!!!!

10. They deliver to Canada :smug:

11. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

They tried delivering my LDS cab to an address that doesn't exist... 4 times.

12. They do.

13. Lestat1080

Lestat1080

Jul 4, 2006
    well i hope oit is to! have emailed the people who sent it to me so i hope to god it is!
    apparently theyve done a whole warehouse search and its come back empty so its proper lost!
    still fail to see how it was lost after it being scanned in but still!
    hopefuly it will make a miracle apperance soon as i dont feel like waiting months before i can play again.
    anyone got any tips for me on how to deal with this company?
    on the brightside my new rep is actually being amazing about all this though!

14. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

That sucks but I've used Fedex in shipping several basses (insured & sig required of course) and have not had one hitch! No experience shipping overseas but still you say it was scanned in! That sounds fishy! I don't think it's a company problem but a thief working for the company!

15. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    sounds like a warehouse worker has a nice Pedulla to take home.

16. Lestat1080

Lestat1080

Jul 4, 2006
    see thats the first thought that sprang to mine- my parents and the sellers mind, that it does infact sound like theft.
    but fedex are taking the not a chance in hell stance on that, so dont think ill be getting ot far with that:( am keeping an eye on the ebay, adtrader websites just incase it shows up though!

17. That is a sad story. I hope your bass turns up and everything works out for you.

I have been here a little while now and have seen a few threads like yours, unfortunately. I think the common consensus is they (fedex, ups, usps) all equally suck.

18. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

You never said whether it was insured or not...............

19. Lestat1080

Lestat1080

Jul 4, 2006
    that the sooution set up a musical instrument only shipping company! how awsome would that be! * now just to win the lottery*
    seriously i reckon thatd take of though.
    call it Musician-ship and im trademarking it before the rest of you get the idea!

20. Lestat1080

Lestat1080

Jul 4, 2006
    sorry DW ive just emailed check wiht the guy who sent it to me not just ignoring you!
    still al depending on the contract that fedex have with it should be able to get some compensation regardless plus the whole dodgyness surrounding the disapearance.