1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A serious question

Discussion in 'Ask Lynn Seaton' started by hdiddy, Mar 28, 2009.

1. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    Hi Lynn,

As my future teacher, John Goldsby, suggested I do, I'm asking you (also a future teacher) if you will be packing your fishing rod to the Aebersold Jazz Camp. If so, what line and tackle will you be using?

Thank you.
    -Huy

:D

2. Lynn Seaton

Lynn Seaton Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Denton, TX
    Yes, I usually bring a light rod with light line to fish for smallmouth bass in some of the area creeks. :D The bait of choice that usually works is tubes. I have been known to go with one of the local guys to the falls of the Ohio and try our luck there too for sauger or bass or catfish. :hyper:

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    [​IMG]

Lynn, I always knew you were a pretty "old school" kinda guy, but until now I never knew just how far you took it. :)

4. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    Tubes.... haven't used those in a long long time. The last time I did I was a kid and was pulling out crappie after crappie at a dam (Mendota Slough) in Central CA. Small fish but lots of fun. Smallmounth is cool tho. Too bad Jamey doesn't offer a there's not a fishing expedition as part of the program at the workshop. :p