Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A SEXY and relevant question.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Masterbasser71, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Okay maybe not sexy, but I really want this question to be looked at. Okay I own the previous generation Bassman 100 with the 15" (when it had balls). My question is...Does my Bassman have enough power to send my sound from my Bassman to "X" Cabinet? What I was looking at was maybe lining out my Bassman to a Behringer 2x10" 500 watt cabinet @ 8-Ohm, but I do not know how heads and cabinets work....
    The specs to the Fender Bassman 100 are:
    Product Description

It's all here, everything you asked for in a medium power platform that speaks with authority. The traditional 15 in. driver and horn configuration, parametric mid control with level and frequency, Enhance, compressor, EFX loop, tuner out with mute indicator, balanced line out, and much more.
    Product Description

It's all here, everything you asked for in a medium power platform that speaks with authority. The traditional 15 in. driver and horn configuration, parametric mid control with level and frequency, Enhance, compressor, EFX loop, tuner out with mute indicator, balanced line out, and much more.

Features
    100 Watts @ 4 Ohms

Solid-state

1 x 15 in., 4-Ohm Eminence speaker

Piezo horn

Active/passive input pad selector

Gain; bass; treble; parametric mid control (mid level & frequency)

Compressor-limiter

Master volume

Tuner out jack

Tuner mute with flashing indicator

Power amp clip indicator (dual LED yellow/red)

Compressor level indicator

Preamp clip indicator

XLR line-out

Black Tolex

Metal grill

Weight: 65 lbs. (29.5 kg)

Don't forget to send in the warranty registration card to Fender to receive maximum benefits.

THANKS MUCH! P.S: This would be using a combo as a head I suppose. Would it work?

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Looks like the minimum impedance is 4 Ohms, and since the speaker is 4, you cannot add an extention cab. What you can do is take the line out and connect it to a power amp and hook a cab up to that.

3. The Goliath Jr. uses 4 ohms. Would that work?