A short story I had to share

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by marcray, Mar 22, 2014.

1. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    I don't post here often but I had to share something because I think you guys are the only ones who might understand. Yesterday, my 9 basses that I'd collected over the years including a 64 Precision that I bought when I was 17 in Denmark Street in 1990 with my first real check from playing music, were all returned to me after a six year battle of ownership.

It would be extremely difficult to explain why this happened, so many things I wish I'd done differently, however, lets just say these basses were like abducted children. Taken, withheld, lost, and I'd considered every angle to get them back legally and illegally. No one could help, the suspected culprit was evasive, bitter, somewhat vicious (and no it's not a woman situation), I didn't even know where they were, but recently this person made a terrible mistake which went against their claims.

And yesterday I went to collect them all and today they are back in my house and I can't explain how happy I am. I thought they were gone forever and the day would never come.

Oddly likes this.
  2. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    Tell us the whole story dude!!!!! Glad you got your stuff back

3. VSR

VSR

Mar 22, 2009
    I really want to know the whole story!

4. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    This is TalkBass....no pics, no story! :D

Tell us more!

5. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Whatever the story, that is a happy ending !
    I'm delighted for you.
    Had a somewhat similar story years back - lent a guy (friend of a friend) that was just learning bass my back-up (I'd already stopped gigging at the time), had a lot of hassle in finally getting it back.

6. Glad to hear you got your basses back. Nice to hear that it all worked out in the end.:)

7. Congratulations! It's funny how our instruments feel as if they are family! :hyper:

8. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Congratulations!!!!! I'm very happy for you.

I'd love to see some pictures! And, at the risk of seeming nosy, I'd love to hear the story, as well!

9. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Very happy ending, congratulations!

10. Congrats! Sounds like either a bad divorce or bad band break-up.

11. No pics, no 9 basses back. ;)

JK, dude. Congrats and good on you! :D

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021