1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Show your Whatever-bass Thread

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by eleonn, Sep 3, 2008.

1. eleonn

eleonn

Aug 24, 2006
    Lima - PerĂº
    I was wandering the other day that it would be interesting to see how was the very first bass some of you guys ever built for a customer cause some of you seem to be building since you were a ehhh ...well the word in spanish is espermatozoide (I know the word in English is close but I'm not sure how to write it). So I thought about opening one of those "show your whatever bass" threads and here it is.

So guys... Show me your first-customer bass you made.

2. Skelf

Skelf

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    001 from me.

277674345_e2cb429828.

3. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville

Beautiful. Looks like water.

4. I started making bodies at first, so thats all i really have to show

DSCF0048.

5. T2W

T2W

Feb 24, 2007
    Montreal, Canada.
    your word seems to mean something like "before you were even born". Ha. Ill show you pics of Harley's bass once im done.

6. not because I built it, maybe because I own it, but dammit if this ain't the best playing and sounding fretless bass I've ever played.

[​IMG]

7. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    I can vouch for the above comment. That bass is by far the best playing and sounding fretless I have ever laid my mitts on!!!!!

8. herndonbassist

herndonbassist Low Down Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    I have to agree here as well, I was lucky enough to play that gorgeous Wilser at a local GTG and was BLOWN AWAY. I've played a TON of fretless basses and this is the first one that I could have taken home with me (OK, Wilser would have beaten me to the door when I tried to run out w/ it, but you get the point).

Peace

9. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Not my first, but my first of this model. :)

Circa 1994.

S5_new2.

10. SDB Guitars

SDB Guitars Commercial User

Jul 2, 2007
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Shawn Ball - Owner, SDB Guitars
    My not first, either... but the first I bothered to get a clear picture of. :D

[​IMG]

Sometimes I miss that bass...

11. scottyd

scottyd Commercial User

Nov 17, 2006
    Waco Tx
    Builder/owner Redeemer Basses
    My baby.....which I sold to help fund a custom chopper I'm building. Her new owner resides in Germany. I miss it but my love for motorcycles and basses is pretty much neck and neck..:meh:
    [​IMG]

12. allenhumble

allenhumble Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    [QUOTE
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

That is super sweet!

13. maybass77

maybass77 swm

Feb 26, 2006
    southeast michigan
    ...i build, but do not own a bass for myself. Kinda like a car salesman that rides a bike to work...

14. Not the first I built for myself, but the first 6 string which I completed in early Aug 2008. I've wanted a 6 for years, so really enjoying this.

[​IMG]

15. joke_retro

joke_retro

Jun 15, 2005
    Not the first , but the first jazzbass.
    [​IMG]

16. crazy wood right there