1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A silly question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tage, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. Tage


    Sep 17, 2003
    Whats the name of the little plate on the headstock that covers the truss rod (I believe). It usually has the name of the manufacturer, such as on an Epiphone bass or a Rickenbacker bass.

    Im trying to find a black Rickenbacker plate for a 4003 bass but its hard when you dont know the part name. :p
  2. Juneau


    Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    a silly answer.....but the right one hehe

    a truss rod cover :)
  3. yea, its there to just cover the truss rod.

    And on the issue of a black Rickenbacker cover... unless you have another one, you cant get one. you can Only get them from rickenbacker. You have to send your old one to them, and they'll send you another. You cant get them on EBAY either, cause I think ebay makes the sellers take them off.
  4. Tage


    Sep 17, 2003
    Great, thanks for the info!
  5. AlembicPlayer

    AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

    Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    the technical word for it is : FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION

    but, let's just call it a truss rod cover ;)
  6. IvanMike

    IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

    Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    hey! it's not worthless, it keeps dust offa the truss rod............