Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A simple friday night stand up poll

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Dec 16, 2005.

1. writers

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. he's just not funny

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. comedy central is to blame

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. carrots

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. what do you guys think of greg giraldo?

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I think he has too many g's in his name, but I really have no idea who he is.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah. me too. I associated his name immediately with Geraldo Rivera though. For that reason, I already do not like this guy you are talking about.

-Mike

4. Mitch, Dane, and Stephen Lynch are the top 3.

I just don't like his jokes.

[​IMG]

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    His delivery isnt funny

6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    He looks severely un-funny, too. I usually don't make to many blanket statements like this, but most shows on Comedy Central suck something horrible! Their standup is no exception, either.

7. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    eh, better than Carlos Mencia imo.

8. I like the Daily Show and the Colbert Report.

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Colbert blows John Stewart out of the water. I couldn't hack Stewart after I saw his live act over 5 years ago. It was the same lame jokes and weird faces/noises as in his show, all recycled material that should've been left at the dump.

10. Whitmore

Whitmore

Aug 13, 2005
    The daily show is wicked IMO. The Colbert report is just as good however i havent seen to much of it. I just like how ridiculous both shows are it makes for some goooood watchin'.

11. just not that funny.

12. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I've seen him a bunch of times round the comedy clubs in NY the last 5-6 years. While he's never been amazing, he's always been pretty funny and certainly better than he's been on that show.

13. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    last year he was shooting some pilot for comedy central that had something to do with celebrities in college. I got to nyu, guess what he was interviewing people about in washington sq park. :eyebrow: I had the "privilege" of being interviewed about my views on the olsens. It was incredible just how unfunny he is. he stopped several times to get his sh-- together and think of good questions. I dropped "threesome" and it was good day to me. :D

14. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    carrots.. hands down... :D

actually haven't seen him,. but Com Central has gone down hill... I hate their shotgun approach to new shows... send up 3-4 and hope one will stick.. you just get 3-4 new shows that well.. suck... badly...