a simple question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jimmy ray, Oct 28, 2002.

1. i'm going to be ordering an essex BG-80 in the next few weeks, I plan on replacing the pick-up with a fender 62' reissue, soon after I get it, and putting covers on the bridge and one over the pick-up, my question is, will the fender pick-up cover fit over the p-bass pick up? its the only option I have for this, because we dont get many parts like covers by anyone but fender in any of the shops in the area, and I'd rather not order them online, because the exchange/duty rates are killer.
    btw, I can get the fender covers here for a pretty decent price, but they only have j-bass p-up covers.
    thanks for any help you can offer
  2. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    There is only one size for a 4 string P Pickup.. More than likely, it will fit in the Essex..

3. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Yep the p-bass chrome pickup cover fits over any split coil p-bass type pickup, and as the above bloke said, the pickups themselves are all one size (apart from ones for 5 strings etc..!). Im not familliar with the bass you mention, but if its a p-bass type copy, it will fit fine. just be careful when drilling the holes!!

Good luck and show us pictures when its done!
  4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im not sure about that. The P bass Pickup covers are slightly different in shape from Jazz bass covers.

I would recommend getting a Jazz bridge cover and a P bass pickup cover.