Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Slow bass and guitar piece of mine (HTTP DOWNLOAD)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Aug 5, 2005.

1. http://michaelpatrickkelley.com/media/oswbass.mp3

I know theres like, two timing issues in there somewhere. It was hard. It was a collaboration between me and a friend, and keeping time without drums while recording at the same time is harder than it looks/sounds. I tried to keep it simple, but the guitarist insisted I spice it up and use alot of variation, ie chords and dead notes. So I don't know. I was more content playing the root. How about that, a guitarist telling a bassist he needs to play more.

Oh well, have a listen.

2. The bass is very quiet on the recording, but sounds good. I noticed a clicking though where I expect you were muting with your right hand, and the strings were hitting the pickups?

Might want to work on reducing that when you are recording.

3. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Yeah, the click was kinda annoying..

I guess it's when you put your hand on the strings after played a tone, i used to that for a while...

i think it's pretty good otherwise.

4. Thanks...

The click is a result of not being able to use my good amp to record. I just didn't feel like lugging a 4x10 cab and 8 space rack up 3 flights of stairs. And yeah, I agree, it is annoying.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Clicking aside, not bad. Slight timing issues, but there wasn't enough going on to keep my interest. Some kind of lead might help, maybe more changes... I don't know.