Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A small break-through when using octave-pedal on NS-Design!

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by bassisten, Jun 6, 2005.

1. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi guys!

I just purchased a EBS Octabass pedal and when used with the NS-Deisgn it tracks VERY good. I mean, all the way down to the open E!

It sounds awesome with a bow by the way.

TRY IT OUT...!!!

Ha ha ha... that's SO cool. :bassist:

2. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio

I've done that with the Boss-GT6-B Octave and delay. Sounds great. But using the the magnetic pickups I got much best results than the piezo.
    [[]]

3. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi...

Well, I like the sound from the piezo better with Octave-pedal.

I would even so far to say that they should drop making the NS-Deisgn basses with magnetics, I never use mine.
    I mean, if you like the sound of those you should get a fretless electric bass instead.

4. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Well, let me explain. I use the Piezo most of the time for acoustic like tone but on a gig I'm playing there's a song where I switch to the magnetic pick-ups with an octave, delay and a little distortion. It just sounds great!

5. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi again!

Ahh, ok... now I got it! :bassist:

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I felt the same, so I bought the version with piezo-only! CR5

7. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Yeah, but I like to mess with my NS's sounds possibilities. That's one of the reasons for what I bought an electric upright.
    Of course I use it most of the time to cover the acoustic bass tone. But sometimes there's a chance to step on a moogerfooger, or whatever...