1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A small break-through when using octave-pedal on NS-Design!

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by bassisten, Jun 6, 2005.

1. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi guys!

I just purchased a EBS Octabass pedal and when used with the NS-Deisgn it tracks VERY good. I mean, all the way down to the open E!

It sounds awesome with a bow by the way.

TRY IT OUT...!!!

Ha ha ha... that's SO cool. :bassist:

2. depalm

depalm Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio

I've done that with the Boss-GT6-B Octave and delay. Sounds great. But using the the magnetic pickups I got much best results than the piezo.
    [[]]

3. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi...

Well, I like the sound from the piezo better with Octave-pedal.

I would even so far to say that they should drop making the NS-Deisgn basses with magnetics, I never use mine.
    I mean, if you like the sound of those you should get a fretless electric bass instead.

4. depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Well, let me explain. I use the Piezo most of the time for acoustic like tone but on a gig I'm playing there's a song where I switch to the magnetic pick-ups with an octave, delay and a little distortion. It just sounds great!

5. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi again!

Ahh, ok... now I got it! :bassist:

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I felt the same, so I bought the version with piezo-only! CR5

7. depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Yeah, but I like to mess with my NS's sounds possibilities. That's one of the reasons for what I bought an electric upright.
    Of course I use it most of the time to cover the acoustic bass tone. But sometimes there's a chance to step on a moogerfooger, or whatever...