Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A small buzzing problem on my GTBD-7

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Chapbass, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Chapbass

Chapbass

Dec 11, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Hey all, was wondering if anyone could provide a bit of insight to my problem.

Im having quite a bit of buzzing when i plug in my conklin GTBD-7. Its not too noticible when i plug in my amp, but obviously its pretty bad through studio monitors on recording sessions. I can minimize it if i cut off a lot of the highs on the onboard EQ, but that compromises a bit of tone obviously.

I know theres a lot of electronics on a bass like that, but I wouldn't think that they would produce a bass that buzzes that much...

I thought about taking it into a local guitar shop and having them look at the electronics, but i figured id check on here first.

Thanks in advance everyone!

EDIT: oh, hmm, Maybe this should go in the setup forum...i saw it and was just thinking string height and alll that...ah well, ill leave it up for a few minutes, see if anyone can help me over here. : )

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    does it go away when you touch the strings, bridge, or the metal sleeve of your instrument cable?

3. Is it string buzz? Is your battery fresh¿

4. Chapbass

Chapbass

Dec 11, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    definitely not string buzz, i mean its there when im not playing. I suppose now that you mention it i havent replaced the battery in a little while..not long ago but its worth a shot. As for touching the strings...ill have to double check but i want to say it doesnt matter either way.

Ill get back to you for sure, just gotta reinstall pro tools after a fresh computer format : )

thanks for the responses guys