1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A small low powered amp to fit in GK backline 110 cab???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DanAdams, Nov 28, 2018.

1. DanAdams

DanAdams Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Maine
    this amp is on the fritz, the speaker is fine. I have a GK MB210, So I don't need a main rig, I would like a small amp (new or used) that can fit within this funny little backline110 cab. the dimensions of the amp section are 2" X 10.5" by aprox 8" deep... although it could stick out the back a little. I don't need a direct fit, smaller in any direction is fine and I'm crafty enough to devise a way to mount something.
    IMG_2056.
    I especially like how this cab kicks back and is easily carried with one hand. I use it as a 'small gig' powered vocal monitor, and as a practice amp.
    I don't need much power, I never expect to hook this up to additional speakers. I don't want to spend much. the stock amp was just fine until it started failing.
    For unknown reasons Musicians Friend isn't listing the dimensions of the less expensive heads.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  2. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    An MB200 should make it just fine. I think the MB500 might be pushing it a little on two of your dimensions.