Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A small to medium realible combo or half-stack amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LittleJaco, Nov 4, 2004.

1. LittleJaco

LittleJaco

Nov 4, 2004
    my price range is up to 1k$

Any suggestions?
    I'm looking at the Bassman 200 and some marshall stuff

thanks

2. You are like 100 away from the Mesa Walkabout Scout.

250 way from an Eden Metro (at a decent dealer).

1 dollar over budget for an 100 watt all tube rig that weighs only 60lbs head and cab combined.

http://www.flitesound.com/products/default.asp?view=display&pid=34&type=5

Traynor YBA200 (all tube) plus a nice cab.

A GK1001 mini stack if that your thing.

Yorkville 210t combo and ext cab.

Used Eden WT 400 head and avatar cab.

Used Eden WT550 plus schroeder 1210. (well, that's pushing it) Lots of choices.

3. fattie64

fattie64

Oct 3, 2004
    any ashdown mag is good

you could get two mag 410 cabs and a nice head for 1g

4. LittleJaco

LittleJaco

Nov 4, 2004
    also, i need it for more of a jazz style, but thanks so far!

5. Eden CXC 210

Or Eden CXC 110 / ext cab

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    well, if you don't mind used....you can score the Eden Metro or the Peavey BAM for under $1000 easy.

Both of those combos are loud, and sound excellent.

-Mike

7. Well the retail on the metro is like 2,000 clams. So the street price is probably 1,500. And if it is on sale, then you can get it for 1,250 clams plus shipping.

But I think LittleJaco is in france. I am not sure, though. So you figure shipping would be high UPS for a metro to France. But you can get it wired for European 220. Edens are very cool in this regard.

Not sure what the hype is on Peavey Bam. But the Eden is definetly a versatile amp. Too expensive for me. With his budget, he could get the CXC series combo plus ext. can plus delievered plus change left over.

8. I got my Euphonic rig (iAmp350, 210CXL) new old stock for $1000. EA still has some of the 350 if I remember correctly. I sold my Eden rig (Navigator Pre, Power Amp, and 210 XLT) as soon as I heard the EA. It is incredible, and very portable.

9. Well there you go: a brand new EA rig for 1,000. That's a good deal for sure. Who sells EA NOS? Is it factory direct?

10. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    This Trace Elliot Combo has proven to be very reliable for me.
    122HSMX 250 Watts 2X10.Built like a Mac Truck.

11. I am thinking that these are no longer sold. I'd be surprised if you could get that rig anymore. I just looked on EA's sight and did not see anything like that for sale.

I like the eden sound. Good for all styles of music. Great pre.

12. LittleJaco

LittleJaco

Nov 4, 2004
    does anyone have any options for ones below 500$?
    my savings collapsed

13. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    Yorkville XM200T. It's somewhere around $500, and it will rock your socks off.

14. He should save an extra month and get the 400 watt 210t. He can get that for 600 easily + another 50 or so shipped.

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

I was talking used prices. You can grab a used Metro from someone like BassNW for $1000. You can pick one up from a private party for $700-900.

The link to his band in his signature shows him from New Jersey.

-Mike

16. LittleJaco

LittleJaco

Nov 4, 2004
    what do you guys think about the hartke kickback 15?

17. I hate them; others love them. But you can get them pretty cheap at sam ash right now.

you should check out those ashdown MAG 210 combos Or even the Electric Blue series if moeny is tight.. They are pretty cheap right now on zz sounds and you can always add ext. cab.
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--ASDEB15180

(don't know why i thought you were in france.)

18. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I have this. It's perfect for what I need, it weighs a feather and costs peanuts.

[​IMG]
    (here shown with my previous bass)

Cheers,
    JL

19. That's a nice little rig. did you get that on zz sounds. The case is pretty trick. But what happened to the Ric?