1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Smart Bulldoggy!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FL Knifemaker, Feb 29, 2008.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I WANT that dog! If only my beagle would learn to shut the door behind him like that.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That might just be the most incredible dog I've ever seen.

I wonder if he gets harassed for skateboarding in Baltimore too.

3. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Fascinating. Avalanche loves doing commands for treats and is very well behaved, but walking around the whole back yard by her side like that? Av would get so fed up not getting that treat in the first few paces he'd give up!

4. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    It's so cute too.

5. Ours started out cute, then turned into a lazy good fer nuthin like our other three :rolleyes:

6. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'll trade you a 60 lb. "lazy good fer nuthin" beagle for your "lazy good fer nuthin" bulldog! :D He was a Katrina rescue, and is enjoying every minute of (comparatively) living in the lap of luxury now!

IMG_0063.

7. Wow, we taught our dog to "dance" on command, but I never would have thought of trying to get her to do anything like that. I thought the tissue box was the best.

8. csala

csala

Aug 14, 2005
    Santa Monica, Ca
    My dogs can lay in their beds all day and eat when I pour food into their bowls. They suck.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Here's a pretty awesome dog too...unfortunately though Skidboot has passed away. It's a great story:

bc

10. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Wow. That's not just an amazing dog, but that's an amazing man, too! We all should be so fortunate to have such an outlook on life.

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Dog Animals Rock ! :bassist:

12. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Nice vid. She's going through basic obedience trial work with him. Not super common with bullies, but he's clearly a very motivated lil' guy, and they're having fun together.
    That's a hard combination to beat.

Happy dogs :D

[​IMG]

13. The first video wasn't that impressive, almost any dog can be trained to do that, you just have to put in the time. The second video was really cool.

lowsound

14. Yes, almost........
    You obviously have never spent time training a bulldog :)

15. No, I know that they are stubborn dogs, but you just have to be more stubborn then they are. You just have keep at it, the same with any dog.

lowsound

16. I dunno. I would hardly call having a bulldog turn around in front of you to face you after being at your side, having it go into its own travel case and close the door (getting some dogs into the case with guidance is hard enough), or skateboarding all that typical. I know you can do a lot of things with repeated, smart training in theory, but it often depends on the dog itself. Dogs, like people, are all different with different traits and individual personalities.