Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A solo multi-tracked piece of mine, my first ever.

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by i like tictacs, Aug 2, 2005.

1. This is my first actual 'recording' that I've taken seriously as a solo bass piece. It's also my first attempt at layering multiple tracks. Here is a bassline, "guitar part" and melody of a song some of you may be familiar with.

I'm looking for any feedback as to what directions you think I could take it, to make it more appealing or interesting. Also, any tips for future solo pieces would be appreciated. There's one punch in I'm not happy with, as I lost the beat for a split second, and the first solo falls off by about a sixteenth note for a second, but i get back on soon enough.

Clicky.

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Nice job, tictacs! It’s always good to develop a piece by making effective use of dynamics, changes in timbre and phrasing. This is especially true when you’re working with something that has a repetitive structure.