1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A solo multi-tracked piece of mine, my first ever.

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by i like tictacs, Aug 2, 2005.

1. This is my first actual 'recording' that I've taken seriously as a solo bass piece. It's also my first attempt at layering multiple tracks. Here is a bassline, "guitar part" and melody of a song some of you may be familiar with.

I'm looking for any feedback as to what directions you think I could take it, to make it more appealing or interesting. Also, any tips for future solo pieces would be appreciated. There's one punch in I'm not happy with, as I lost the beat for a split second, and the first solo falls off by about a sixteenth note for a second, but i get back on soon enough.

Clicky.

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Nice job, tictacs! It’s always good to develop a piece by making effective use of dynamics, changes in timbre and phrasing. This is especially true when you’re working with something that has a repetitive structure.