Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A song for your listening enjoyment.. ..hopefully!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jokke_v, Feb 18, 2006.

1. jokke_v

jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
    Yeh.. :)

I've been mixing a bit on this, and I would like to share it with you guys. For now, it's just guitar, vocals, and keyboards and bass.. ..but it's probably going to have drums.

Me and the vocal dude in my band actually recorded it live together, with me on the guitar and him singing (duh). What was kind of fun was that we hadn't really written the song yet. I just played the guitar part to him, and he said that he had some lyrics that could suit it. So, we started recording it with him making up the vocal melody while recording. We did two takes, cause the first one was a bit iffy. I kept both of the takes and used some of the vocal parts for lead vocals and some for background vocals. Although, the vocals that are now are probably not going to be on the finished version, cause the lyrics weren't completely done when we recorded it, so he had to sing the same lyrics over a couple of times.

I've re-recorded the guitar part, and recorded bass afterwards. The song is written/performed by me except for the keyboards and vocals. If I had a fretless bass, I would use it in this song, but sadly, I don't have a fretless bass.. ..so, no luck there, I guess. :meh:

The song is pretty sad-sounding, with a Pink Floyd-sounding synth lead in the middle part of the song.

Anyways, here's a not final version, but still a damn good sounding one of a song that I really like:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=744363&T=2382

2. I enjoyed it. Seemed very melodic to me. It does have a Roger Waters Floyd feel to it...I'd jam with ya.

3. jokke_v

jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
    Thank's for the comment! I've been listening to a lot of Roger Waters Floyd prior to making that song, so I guess that I've been slightly influenced. :)

..other people are still welcome to comment on this!

4. I jammed to it for an hour last night. Although the bass on it is perfect, I want to record something new, a little more playful. I had fun with it.

5. jokke_v

jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
    I could send you a bassless version if you want. It would've been fun to see what others could do with it.

And. An hour of jamming?! :eek:

That's probably more than me. :bag:

6. I don't have any recording software so I am not sure how I would add my bass, but it would be fun!