1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A special kind of bass neck?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Idiotpod, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Idiotpod

Idiotpod

Feb 11, 2009
    Got Djent?
    Well fellow bass-players. Im wondering what the kind of neck on a bass is called when the neck is "tempered" or made like a "sunfeather"?

Does anyone have any idea?

2. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    No freakin' idea. What's the context? It sounds like advertising kaa-kaa to me. Can you give us a link maybe?

John

3. Idiotpod

Idiotpod

Feb 11, 2009
    Got Djent?
    Ye, right, advertising...

What I'm serching for is a neck like the one in this video:

This video shows the bassist a bit better.

I can't provide with a better example, cuz I don't really know what they are called.

4. 4stringman

4stringman

Oct 12, 2008
    Memphis, Tn
  5. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    a dingwall?

6. Idiotpod

Idiotpod

Feb 11, 2009
    Got Djent?

EPIC, thanks guys. Big thanks!

7. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    You mean the way the frets are angled so the lower strings have a longer scale than the treble strings? That's what's most commonly called "fanned frets". Sheldon Dingwall is the man who makes them.

John

8. Idiotpod

Idiotpod

Feb 11, 2009
    Got Djent?
    Ye "frets" was the name I was searching for. I'm Swedish and therefor my english seems to lack a couple of words/phrases/etc.

;D