Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Steal!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I picked up a Yamaha TRB II 5 for 350.00. There's a crack behind the headstock that apperars to have been caused by the truss rod. I have a friend @ Yamaha, and he's sending me another neck for free, so this all works out!

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Who don't you have friends with, know people in, worked with, or opened for?

3. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Great man! Can't be better eh? Talking about having luck... great basses are those Yamaha's.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Heh--I was just looking at that very bass on Friday. Doug Ponier is the guy who gave me a pass for NAMM.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)

All about relationships, my man! ;)

6. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Wow, sweet. I just played one the other day and was blown away - I enjoyed it over the Fodera Monarch they had!

On the prowl for a fretless...wish me luck...

7. Have fun with your new wood... chuck.

And show us the damn thing!!! :hyper:

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Here ya' go.

9. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Sweet man, just like the one I played, I'm really digging those!!

Say, since you have a friend at Yamaha, could you tell your buddy to pass onto management this message; KEEP MAKING THE TRBII !! I've heard numerous rumors that they're being discontinued, and it's a bloody shame. I won't have fundage for a couple more months, and if they've disappeared I'm going to be gravely disappointed....I plead this case only because of the purity of my heart and the staunch morals I possess on the issue of supporting good and suppressing evil, and those Yammers are darn good basses to boot! ;)

Cheers!

10. eduardo

eduardo

Mar 25, 2001
    BRAZIL
    Congrats man. But tell me something: this bass is heavier and bigger than a MM StingRay 4 .
    Eduardo