Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A strange pain in my right palm.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Guss, Dec 17, 2002.

1. The pain is at the bass(sorry, had to bring out the bad pun)of the thumb on my right hand. It happened when I was(of course) playing bass. Is this just a tendon aggrevation problem, or something else?

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I'm not sure what it is, but if you don't stop it you could go blind;)

3. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    try using the other hand sometimes :p

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Wow, my Voodoo dolls really work!!

5. I hate those :p

Imagine getting CPS from masturbating.. HAHAHA!!

:oops: :D :p

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Sounds to me like you need to get to a good teacher to show you proper technique. :)

Seriously, any pain is bad. Get your parents to take you to your doctor before it gets worse.

7. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Get a good teacher:eek: :eek: I mean that's an interesting idea, but whoa I just went at it naturally;) :D

8. kboyd

kboyd

Jul 6, 2002
    Loranger
    It could be an aggravated tendon if you play with your hand bent inwards alot when you play. At worst it could be carpal tunnel syndrome.

9. I don't think CPS would occur at age fifteen, or after only two years of playing.

10. kboyd

kboyd

Jul 6, 2002
    Loranger
    Carpal tunnel syndrome can happen due to misuse or overexertion no matter what the age. It does take more to hurt the tendions of a fifteen year old but, doesn't matter. So injury IS the cause of your pain........no matter what the age. Without injury, no pain.

11. Terry, I'm pretty much half way there.. and i havent finished my second year of playing.

All down to technique and how much you play. When I got tendonitus, I was playing with my bass quite low, and playing about 2-3 hours a day, everyday, and playing rough rugby..

Go get it cheked out