Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

..A strange thought thats been bothering me (about warwicks slogan;the sound of wood)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Dec 5, 2002.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    i dont know why the h*ll i thought of this, but if warwicks are 'the sound of wood', why does pinnochio have such a high pitched voice?

i mean, hes entierly wood, until the end?:confused: :eek:

2. Man you guys must have some good weed over there!!

kidden

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  4. Guitars are made of wood, too, you know...
    And so are violins...

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Don't forget trees.

6. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    Im waiting to see the Treebeards in The Lord Of The Rings movies before I make the high pitched vote

7. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    This is the real sound of wood -- "boing!"

8. WOOD - a hard, tough substance that forms the trunks of trees, and that has been used for thousands of years as a fuel, as a material of construction, and as a slang word for an erect penis. However, Warwick's official position on the definition of wood when used in their slogan exludes the 'erect penis' definition.

THE SOUND OF WOOD - As previously mentioned, wood forms the trunks of trees. With this association in mind, it is easy to see that Warwick's slogan "the sound of wood", is closely linked to the philosophical question "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?". Click into the metaphysics section of the warwick website, and you will find that the official stance of the company is clearly a materialist position. While no mention of Descartes can be found, president Battle Candle vehemently opposes Berkeley: "That Berkeley guy is nuts man, if a tree that is made of wood falls and no one is around to hear it, it still goes BOOM yo, and that's what we are all about".

THE PINNOCHIO DEBATE - So if warwick is the sound of wood, then how can this little guy have such a high pitched voice? This debate has been raging for centuries, and several wars have been fought over it. I had hoped that Drew Carey could shed some light on the situation, but when asked he responded "I am just an actor leave me alone". Not being discouraged, I rushed to the video store and rented a copy of an in depth interview with the real Gepetto from 1973. After 2 hours of unrelated discussion, finally the warwick question was raised. I rushed to get my notepad when all of the sudden the tape cut out - someone had edited it to prevent the truth from coming out! The last words spoken by the interviewer were "are all your clamps accounted for??"...whatever this means is anyone's guess, but it is clearly the debate isn't going to be solved anytime soon.

9. Actually...
    Had Pinocchio hit puberty yet?
    Because, you know, prepubescent boys carved out of wood have high-pitched voices, as well...

10. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    ..and I've always wondered if Warwick is the sound of wood, then my Ibanez Ergodyne is the sound of what? (please don't answer that)

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    plastic...don't worry, i have two eda 905's ;) which, by the way, doesn't prevent me from playing my n/t thumb 6 :D

12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Case in point...

[​IMG]

13. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    ...why did I come in here?

I can't remember...

14. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Howdy-frickin'-Doody!

15. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Dave, you are my hero.

16. SMOKE WEEZ EVERYDAY

=w= =w= =w= =w=

17. Don't forget the armadillos !!

18. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    whats the whole deal with coming out with statements like that?

I do not and have not 'smoked weed', nor do i intend to.

NB:i don't have a guilty conscious...honest:eek:

19. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Come on - don't you know you're supposed to say - I tried it once but didn't like it ...and I didn't inhale! ;)