A string buzzing... im going krazy

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by heavyfunkmachin, May 25, 2005.

1. heavyfunkmachin

Jan 21, 2005
    hi, mi issue is this:

i can still recall the days i had a nice sounding bass, but 3 or 4 days ago the A string started to buzz... you know, fretnoise, and not up the neck or way down, just ALL NECK LONG...

i raised the string height at bridge and play happy again...

but like 1 hour later, it buzzed again, fixed and the next day it buzzed again, to the point where i had to raise the string heigh way more than any of the other 3 strings... and then... it did it again... BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

since i got a badass bridge, nothing makes me think of a bridge malcfuntion, but can this happen??

is it the spring time? humidity and heat and so? if then, WHY ONLY ONE STRING IS BUZZING???

could it be that the nut it´s been eaten away? i say this because in the last set of sting sthe a sstring poped out of the nut when hardly slaped a few times due bad string stetting, but i allready fixed that... and if so, would it affect the string buzzing when playing in the second octave?

im a sound freak, and cant stand string buzz, does anybody have any idea about what can i do or why this happen ?

thanks for reading
  2. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Well, i suppose that maybe your string has gone bad? I'm not sure, but it once happened to me ;).
  3. heavyfunkmachin

Jan 21, 2005
    ok, ill fill in one of those profiles as soon as i find one ;)

strings going bad? *** :confused:

this set is dr, expe$ive, with 2 months of home practicing, THEY SHOUDNT GO ANYWERE :mad:

my mim jazz used to buzz all over when truss rod adjustment was needed, so i didnt even think about that possibility.

" I'd measure relief first though" ???
    whats that? never done it before, as far as i know... (by the waym, im spanish, living in spain. hot summer, cold winter)

so, anhy ideas about how the hell i get my bass to sound jawdroping again?