Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A strings on a standerd P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tritoch, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Tritoch

Tritoch

Sep 9, 2000
    Is it just me? or are the a strings on a standard p-bass a little funky? on every one ive had, the a string allways gos haywire. first, i had the a strings bridge saddle pop a screw, like thats even possible, i gues i diddnt relise it had been sliping down. this happen to anybody else?

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Hah... here I am replying to another of your posts! Actually, it is possible to have one of the height adjusting screws come out... One thing to check is that the saddle is adjusted evenly on both sides, so that it appears flat when viewed from the end of the body. This ensures that both adjusting screws are making proper contact with the bridge, (doing this will also help to avoid a weird buzzing sound at your bridge. Sometimes this results from poorly adjusted bridge saddles.)

That being said, I've never noticed problems with any particular string, but if I did, I'd take a close look at the bridge!

Enjoy,

-robert

3. BassGurl42

BassGurl42

Oct 8, 2000
    Muskegon, MI
    It must just be you, I had a std p until I saved up for an american model and it was just fine.

-Rachel