1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

a stupid question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by metalgod502, Dec 7, 2003.

  1. metalgod502

    metalgod502 Guest

    Sep 22, 2003
    il. U.S.A.
    what are those things called that you can talk into them and it types what your saying? like a headset thingy. i want one but i dont know what there called so i cant look them up.
  2. Brendan


    Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Dictaphone, I believe. And it's just a program, I believe any ol' mic (headset or othewise) will work.
  3. You have to have software for that. YOu can use a regular computer microphone with it. Ive never bought the software, so im not sure what its called, but i know that they arent that great. You have to talk really slow for the computer to understand you. If you talk fast then it wont work to well. There might be good programs out there, i just havent seen them. The ones I used werent that great.
  4. Actually, there's a program out there that actually works without you having to speak slowly etc. It's called "Dragon Naturally Speaking." YOu have to program it, so to speak, for your voice, but once you do, it's great. I use it all the time.
  5. Really ? Intesting. Now if I can only get a program and a device that moves my mouse for me. I would NEVER have to move.
  6. embellisher

    embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

    My cousin uses that software. While it is a bit buggy, it does allow him to use his computer. He is a quadriplegic. Without that software, he would be unable to use a PC.