1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A success!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by jakelly, May 9, 2010.

1. jakelly

jakelly Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    My new band had its first paying gig last night, a short 2-set show at a small town tavern. I honestly did not expect it to go all that well, since I thought we had not rehearsed enough, and the free show we did the week before had a number of rough spots. But we pulled it off! At least well enough for the bar owner to ask us to stay longer and play an extra set (for an additional C-note). The bar owner is also in charge of hiring a band for the town picnic/celebration in August. And we got that gig too, on the strength of our performance last night, and its a pretty well paying gig. Our performance was not perfect of course, but it was at least good, and showed us what areas we need to work harder on.

We had a special request to play Brown Eyed Girl last night. The singer and I knew it, the guitarist and drummer not so much, and we had never played it together before. Turned out to be one of our better songs of the night however. It will be surely be added to the list now because it was fun to play and people loved it.

All in all, a nice big step for us.:hyper:

2. wow congrats! what kind of music do you guys play? have a myspace?

3. jakelly

jakelly Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Mostly rock & country/rock. I would like to add some straight country as well. Might as well play both kinds, Country and Western.:p We have both a female and male lead singer, and they trade off, with the lady singing lead on most of the songs.

We are just getting started on the internet process. No music or anything on the internet yet.