Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A suitcase of 45s has dropped into my lap...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Fretless5verfan, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    So the guy i'm basically working for shows up at my house and says:

"Here, take a look at these and take what you want. Sell the rest and we'll split the cash."

He plops a suitcase down and opens it up to reveal somewhere in the 200+ range of original 45 rpm Vinyls of people like Otis Redding, Stevie Wonder, and yes, even the Beatles. Question is, what should i do with 'em? I have an aversion to E-Bay, but if it's the last resort...

Anyway, my thinking is that i'd let all of TB know before i started letting anyone else in on it. If you guys know a good place to look for fair prices on these babies let me know.

P.S. PM me if you actually want any info on them.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Would you mind sending a listing of items to abark@bellsouth.net?

I will see if I can take some of those off your hands.

3. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    No prob man. I'm still compiling them as we speak. i'm done about 40 and i haven't even put a dent in it!

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I'm especially interested in the following if they are available.

Johnny Cash
    Traffic
    Bill Withers
    The Beatles
    The Band
    Cream
    PFunk
    Mountain
    Miles Davis
    Al Green
    King Crimson
    The Clash
    BB King
    Kool and the Gang
    Tower of Power

Thanks,
    Adam

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    You get a list, PM me a copy. Anything by the Meters, the Markeys or Funkadelic.

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    +1

7. jusaplaya

jusaplaya

Dec 14, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Is that old vinyl worth money? I got about 800 old LP's in my garage from the 70's and 80's. Mostly funk and R&b, some jazz and some rock and roll. I have most of the old Parliament and Funkadelics, EWF, AWB,etc. Some of the covers were damaged when a neighbors toilet overflowed and flooded the carpet in my apartment. But the vinyl is still good. If anyone is looking for any old skool LPs let me know I may have it and be able to make a deal. I got Cameo, bar-Kays, Pockets, Rufus, Ramsey Lewis, Michael Henderson (he played bass for Miles - bad man), Narada Michael Walden, Chic, tons of Stevie Wonder, jackson 5, Ohio Players, ConFunkshun, etc. I probably will not be able to inventory this until the summer, but let me know if you have an interest and I can forward the list to you.

8. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Don't know if these things happen anymore, but what about record collectors conventions?

DD

9. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Good question. I've been looking for one but havent heard of any in the area

10. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    You're on a role for reviving threads i'm interested in tonight Smash :D

I still have them all sitting here. I'm done catalogging about 60 or so of them. Found some real jems too.

11. my buddy found In the Court of the Crimson King in Goodwill. Or rather he thought he had, but when he got home and opened the case, it was something like Paul McCartney.....the case looks real nice as a wall decoration.... .

12. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Bummer. :D

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I have an amazing plan, if you ever make the list... instead of PMing people... post it here.

14. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ill take a list if youre still selling