A sunburst 2008 Squier Jazz Hybrid

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gcbake, Nov 3, 2011.

1. gcbake

gcbake Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Former Ampeg Regional Touring Artist, Currently Playing Overwater Basses
    This is a Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz Bass with a fretted Fender authorized direct replacement Mighty Mite Jazz Neck and authentic vintage early 1970’s clover head tuners. This bass is in pristine condition and has never been gigged. Its lightweight (about 7.5 pounds) and sounds awesome. The pick-us are Seymour Duncan JB101 Single-Coil Jazz Bass Pickups with AlNiCo 5 Magnets. Also, I put on a set of vintage early 1970's tuners (see headstock pictures, these were not cheap). I bought this bass as a fretless brand spanking new with the plan of using it while my old early 50’s p-body with late 60’s Jazz neck (complete with oval turners) was in the shop getting a major truss rod over-hall. So on went the new neck and sure enough my Old J/P repair was complete in record time; so in a case this bass went (the Fender stand-a-case you see in the pictures comes with the price of the bass) without ever having seen a gig. I all but forgot about its existence... Well after a recent bout of G.A.S I decided that I have too many basses and some have to go, well here is a chance to own an awesome lightweight Jazz bass with an Agathis wood body (this is a sustainable tropical hard wood that is highly resonant and highly figured) for a fraction of what a new Fender J-bass would cost.
    $475.00 shipped

Attached Files:

2. gcbake

gcbake Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Former Ampeg Regional Touring Artist, Currently Playing Overwater Basses
    Another headstock pic

Attached Files:

3. RC52

RC52

Apr 10, 2010
    Laurens, SC
    You interested in trade ?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021