1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

a surprise at camp cental

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jun 12, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I went to a local store this morning with my Black Onyx Sterling, and walked out with a brand new Red/Rosewood Lakland 55-01. Oh baby.

Want to hear the good part, I bought the Sterling for $550 last week at the Guitar Center Memorial Day sale, took it to this store, they said they'd give me 650 for trade in, and another $100 out of pocket and I have a nice brand new Lakland. My first Lakland and only second 5 string. This babe isn't going anywhere for awhile.

Isn't there a pickguard I can order for this? I figure a tort guard would look really nice.

Sorry about the crappy pic. I need to take some outside pics.

2. Cool. Red rocks. :cool:

3. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    Nice one! I have a Lakland 55-01 deluxe in cherry burst and am very happy with it! Cost me more than yours though - UK!!

Regards

Mike

4. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    $550 + another $100 = $650 out of pocket for the Lakland. Musicians friend sells them for $699 so you did well by $49.

You could have done better by selling the sterling for about $750 (like the store is going to do) and and then pick up the new Lakland.
    Buying the 55-01 used for around $450 - $500 would have put a lot more in your pocket.

The bottom line is at least you didn't go negetive!!

KT

5. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    No. The store's price was $749. I bought the Sterling for $546, and the store gave me $650 for it, so I payed $100. I know Musician's Friends price is $699, and I really don't mind paying the extra $50, if it means helping support an independant, local store, than doing business with Musicians Whore.