a surprise at camp cental

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jun 12, 2004.

1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I went to a local store this morning with my Black Onyx Sterling, and walked out with a brand new Red/Rosewood Lakland 55-01. Oh baby.

Want to hear the good part, I bought the Sterling for $550 last week at the Guitar Center Memorial Day sale, took it to this store, they said they'd give me 650 for trade in, and another $100 out of pocket and I have a nice brand new Lakland. My first Lakland and only second 5 string. This babe isn't going anywhere for awhile.

Isn't there a pickguard I can order for this? I figure a tort guard would look really nice.

Sorry about the crappy pic. I need to take some outside pics.
  2. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    Nice one! I have a Lakland 55-01 deluxe in cherry burst and am very happy with it! Cost me more than yours though - UK!!

3. KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    $550 + another $100 = $650 out of pocket for the Lakland. Musicians friend sells them for $699 so you did well by $49.

You could have done better by selling the sterling for about $750 (like the store is going to do) and and then pick up the new Lakland.
    Buying the 55-01 used for around $450 - $500 would have put a lot more in your pocket.

The bottom line is at least you didn't go negetive!!

4. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    No. The store's price was $749. I bought the Sterling for $546, and the store gave me $650 for it, so I payed $100. I know Musician's Friends price is $699, and I really don't mind paying the extra $50, if it means helping support an independant, local store, than doing business with Musicians Whore.