1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A surprising bad experience with Rogue gear

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gabu, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I know, it's no surprise when rogue amps die, rogue guitar/bass necks warp like bananas, etc etc... But how about this?

I have a Rogue Acoustic Bass. I have been happy with it, and use it a lot for practicing unamplified, against my PC (which I have playing MP3s).

So, after a while... You get worried about dings and stuff. No prob. I ordered the hardshell case that Rogue makes just for this bass.

It's an inch and a half too short! This could not be a design flaw, as they have been selling this gear for more than a year... it's a building screw up. How in the world could quality control slip up enough for a case to be more than a inch too short for it's bass????

So, I guess I am stuck with a gig bag for this one. Too bad, it was a nice looking case, but I don't want to waste my time ordering another that might be too short also.

2. I have a rogue electric and I'm pretty happy with it, but an acoustic being too short for a case? that's inexcuseable

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    It's worse than you think.

They manufactured the case, too short for the bass it is matched with.