Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A surprising bad experience with Rogue gear

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gabu, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I know, it's no surprise when rogue amps die, rogue guitar/bass necks warp like bananas, etc etc... But how about this?

I have a Rogue Acoustic Bass. I have been happy with it, and use it a lot for practicing unamplified, against my PC (which I have playing MP3s).

So, after a while... You get worried about dings and stuff. No prob. I ordered the hardshell case that Rogue makes just for this bass.

It's an inch and a half too short! This could not be a design flaw, as they have been selling this gear for more than a year... it's a building screw up. How in the world could quality control slip up enough for a case to be more than a inch too short for it's bass????

So, I guess I am stuck with a gig bag for this one. Too bad, it was a nice looking case, but I don't want to waste my time ordering another that might be too short also.

2. I have a rogue electric and I'm pretty happy with it, but an acoustic being too short for a case? that's inexcuseable

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    It's worse than you think.

They manufactured the case, too short for the bass it is matched with.