Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A surprisingly pleasant trip to Guitar Center

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Went down to my local GC for the first time since I move to Cleveland to see what they had for fretlesses. Slim pickin's, to say the least, but there was a beautiful Pedulla Pentabuzz for $2400 that I really liked. I played it for about an hour, didn't get hassled by employees, only one obnoxious guitarist playing in the room; a very good GC trip if you ask me. When the money fairy next pays me a visit I may get one, or order a Hexabuzz.

Now the best part of the trip; I was in the pedal section looking at a Boss GT-6B, and my girlfriend decided to buy it for me on the spot (that's a pretty big deal; we are NOT rich people). What a sweetie! I'm currently enrolling in a rocket engineering program just so I can figure out how to operate the dang thing, but it's really fun so far.

All I can say is hooray for girlfriends :)

2. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Tales of good fortune are indeed a fine way to start the day.

She sounds like a keeper.

Recently my wife stated I could by a nice bass such as a Fodera. I was just talking about what nice basses they are and she just said "Well if you want to get one, get it". I'm having a hard time justifying the purchase. I don't know if I can go thru with it. But it's nice to know my wife supports me.

3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    my local gc always has their inhouse music at near concert levels, its really annoying.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    When she said that did she realize how much they are?

brad cook

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

But don't think your next trip to Guitar Center will be all "Sweetness and LIght".

Maybe you should take the "girl" next time too. Hope for a repeat performance.:bassist:

6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Congrats ;)

7. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Yea, that's the beauty of it. But I can't seem to justify the purchase. It sounds nice and I could do it. But there are other things I could use the money for. I'm thinking of maybe getting a Ric 4003 though. Still a nice bass but not with the 4G price tag. Or if Icould find a good deal on a used Fodera.
    I don't know I'm kinda really fighting with this one.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Keep an eye on bassgear.com and don't get in a rush. They have a lot of primo basses come through there including Foderas. You probably already know this but I just thought I'd mention it in case you don't visit bassgear.com much.

brad cook

9. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks for the tip.
    I check it once in awhile, but probably not enough.